EntroPay is a virtual prepaid card system in Europe that allows users to make payments and transactions online, using funds they’ve pre-loaded onto their EntroPay card. Originally designed to help people enjoy card transactions regardless of their credit rating or location, EntroPay has developed exponentially in its 17+ year history, and today is the most popular virtual prepaid card system in Europe.
Fully certified by the UK FSA (Financial Services Authority), it’s ideal for making transactions at online casinos when you can’t use your regular Debit/Credit card, don’t have one, or can’t get one, and in this guide, we’ll show you exactly how to use EntroPay, which online casinos accept it, and the pros and cons of using it.
What Is Entropay?
EntroPay is a virtual prepaid card system, that allows you to enjoy the benefits of having a Debit Card, without needing to open a Bank Account, or go through credit checks. The big difference between EntroPay and an actual Debit Card, is that it’s completely virtual – you don’t receive a card through the post, and don’t need one in order to use your card online. Instead, you’ll have a virtual card, which will be displayed on your screen once you’ve created an EntroPay account. You simply take the details from your virtual card, and use them anywhere you want online, whether it be to fund your online casino account, do your weekly shop, or pay your bills!
One thing worth remembering, is that with your EntroPay card, you won’t have an Account Number or Sort Code, and instead, will only have a 16-digit card number, expiry date, date of issue, and CCV; this doesn’t mean much, but it does mean the card can’t be used for Direct Debits, and can’t have money send to it from bank accounts.
Why Use Entropay?
- Easy to top-up
- Available to everyone (18+)
- No credit checks
- Widely accepted by online casinos
- Can be used anywhere that accepts VISA
- Private and secure
What Online Casinos Accept Entropay?
Most online casinos accept EntroPay, and it’s generally regarded as one of the most commonly accepted payment methods other than Debit/Credit Cards, and EWallets. The only reason a few online casinos choose not to offer EntroPay, is because it can make verifying users somewhat more challenging – so that’s really the only thing to bear in mind when using EntroPay – you will probably be asked for ID.
Below, you’ll see a list of our recommended online casinos that accept EntroPay. These casinos have proven themselves over the course of their lives, and offer a provably-fair game selection, alongside fast withdrawals and great customer service.
How to Use Entropay?
Joining, and using EntroPay is easy, and takes just a few steps.
#1 Register for Entropay
First of all, you need to create your EntroPay account. Head to the <LINK>main EntroPay website by clicking here</LINK>, and begin your registration. Joining takes just a few minutes, and you’ll only need to input a few pieces of personal information to get started. Once you’ve successfully created your card, your virtual card will appear on-screen, so you can note down your details and prepare to use it!
#2 Adding Funds to Your EntroPay Card
Once you’ve created your account and got your card details, it’s time to fund your account. This can be done by using any Credit/Debit card, or, you can opt to use a direct bank transfer. Credit/Debit Card payments reach your EntroPay account instantly, and if your bank uses Faster Payments, a bank transfer should take no more than a couple of hours – but they do say to allow 3 working days, in-line with banking times.
As soon as your account has been credited, you’re ready to use your card, and can now spend at any online shop/casino that accepts Visa payments!
#3 Using Your EntroPay Card to Deposit at an Online Casino
Using EntroPay to fund your online casino account is just like using any other Debit/Credit Card – simply select the amount you want to deposit, and punch in your card details – the amount will then be debited from your EntroPay Card, and credited to your online casino balance!
#4 Withdrawing Using Your EntroPay Account
Unlike other prepaid payment methods, EntroPay does allow you to withdraw to the card, and while you can’t receive Bank Transfers like we said earlier, merchants (the casino) can credit your account. When you’re ready to make a withdrawal from an online casino onto your EntroPay card, you simply need to cash out as normal from the Banking or Cashier section of your preferred online casino, select EntroPay as your withdrawal method, and then proceed as normal.
It’s quick, simple, and efficient, however there is one thing worth noting when withdrawing using EntroPay: EntroPay charge a 1.95% transaction fee whenever money is sent to your card from a third-party merchant (you don’t pay a fee when loading your EntroPay card yourself), and this will be reflected in the total amount you see in your account after the casino send your winnings.
For example, if you withdrew £100, the online casino you’re using would send you £100 – but your EntroPay account would show £98.05. It’s a fairly small amount, and even a £1,000 withdrawal would only have a fee attached of just under £20, but it’s worth remembering in case you find yourself wondering why the amount in your EntroPay account is less than expected!
Advantages of Using Entropay
- Use the Entire Visa Network: This is one of the major benefits of using EntroPay, and you’ll be able to use your virtual card details at ANY website that accepts VISA payments. There’s no fees to use your card (other than when money is sent to it), and merchants can’t turn you away for using EntroPay – they won’t know you’re using so in most cases.
- Limit Your Spending: As an EntroPay Card is pre-paid, there’s no chance of you going crazy and spending far more than you mean to – or worse, spending your overdraft or Credit Card balance.
- Guaranteed Acceptance: There’s no credit checks carried out to get an EntroPay, your application won’t show on your credit rating (even a soft check isn’t carried out), and it doesn’t matter what financial state you’re in – you cannot be declined for an EntroPay card – simple! (One exception where you can be declined, is where you have criminal convictions for fraud – this is one of the only times users are rejected.)
- Privacy: Your bank will never know what your EntroPay funds are being spent on – all they’ll know, is that you’ve funded an EntroPay account. This gives you complete control over the privacy of your online gambling, and ensures gambling transactions don’t litter your Bank Statements.
Disadvantages Of Using Entropay
- Withdrawal Fee: The main disadvantage to EntroPay is the 1.95% withdrawal fee, although it’s worth remembering it’s a pretty small amount when compared as a whole.
- Online Only: You can’t use your EntroPay card in shops, as you don’t get a physical card – that said, it’s not so much a disadvantage, just something to remember!
EntroPay is by far one of the better options when it comes to depositing and withdrawing at an online casino, and we recommend it to anyone who either doesn’t have a Debit/Credit Card, or who simply doesn’t want to use theirs for online gambling. You can create an EntroPay account – and actually GET your card details – in a matter of minutes, and once you do, you can begin depositing right away!
One of the biggest benefits of EntroPay, is that – unlike similar prepaid cards – you can use an EntroPay card anywhere that accepts VISA. This gives you literally millions of potential places to spend around the Internet. In fact, an EntroPay card is near enough identical to having a real bank card – the only difference being that it’s pre-loaded and is virtual, so you can’t use it in shops. Having a pre-loaded card can also stop you from ever falling foul to bank fees, from, for example, going into an unplanned overdraft. There’s also no credit checks in order to receive a EntroPay, which means anyone – assuming they’re over the ages of 18 – can apply, and successfully get an EntroPay card.