Paysafecard is a popular prepaid finance solution available to online casino players, and with over 3,500 websites currently accepting the prepaid payment method, it’s both easy to obtain, and easy to spend. Depositing at online casinos using Paysafecard is easy, and with most casinos today indeed accepting the payment method, it’s one of the better ways of funding your online casino accounts!
What is Paysafecard?
Paysafecard was founded over a decade ago, although it’s seen a lot of change, both in terms of the corporate business structure, and the service available to consumers, during its life. Paysafecard isn’t like most EWallets or prepaid payment methods – because unlike most other solutions, you don’t pay the casino by sending funds, or making a transfer. Instead, Paysafecard works on a voucher system, so you simply key in the 16-digit code you get when you buy the Paysafecard voucher, and the casino will check it against the Paysafecard database, see it’s valid, and credit your account.
This makes deposits instant, and means there’s no chance of the bank refusing your transaction. It’s just like when you used to top-up your mobile phone using the pay-as-you-go vouchers (although you don’t have to endure the tedious phone call). Paysafecard is often favoured thanks to its secure nature – as long as you don’t physically give away the 16-digit code printed on the voucher, it’s impossible for anyone to steal your funds. You virtually isolate yourself from all risks associated with making online payments – and another BIG benefit that many players like, is that using Paysafecard means your bank/card statements won’t show casino transactions – ideal for those who are both privacy-centred, and who like to gamble privately.
While Paysafecard hasn’t gone onto see the same levels of success as other online payment methods, such as PayPal, or Skrill, it’s a viable option for those who value their privacy, and who don’t have/don’t want to use a Debit or Credit Card. Best of all, the majority of online casinos accept Paysafecard, due to its popularity with players, and topping up/funding your online casino account is simple – just find a local store near you that sells Paysafecard, choose your amount, and enter the 16-digit code you get, online. That’s it! Your funds will instantly be credited to your online casino account, and you’re ready to play!
Withdrawals, however, are where Paysafecard falls short, as you whilst you can deposit using Paysafecard, you cannot withdraw. We will discuss this further onto the article, but first we’ll take a look at why
Why Use Paysafecard?
- Widely Accepted
- Instant Deposits
- Helps control your gambling
- Safe and secure
- Stops gambling transactions appearing on bank statements
Casinos That Accept Paysafecard
The number of online casinos that accept Paysafecard as a payment method is substantial – and you shouldn’t have any problems finding a casino of your preference that accepts it readily. Below, we’ve put together a table of the most reputable online casinos that accept Paysafecard.
How to Use Paysafecard
Paysafecard is unlike most EWallets and Pre-paid cards in the sense that you don’t have a physical login area, or debit card that you can then spend/add funds to and from. Instead, Paysafecard is a voucher-based system, and it’s really easy to use! Just follow the steps below:
#1 Topping up Paysafecard
While it sounds like you have a card that you simply top-up when you feel like it, that’s not the case with Paysafecard. In order to purchase a Paysafecard voucher, you’ll need to find a local store or shop that sells them. You can’t buy the vouchers online, so you’ll need to physically go out and buy them. There are a large number of stores involved in the Paysafecard scheme, so finding somewhere to buy the vouchers shouldn’t be too hard; you can see a list of all stores enrolled in the program <LINK>here</LINK>.
You then simply head to the retailer, state how much you want the value of the voucher to be, and then pay for it. You’ll then receive a long receipt, which contains your 16-digit code. Keep this safe, as you’ll need this to deposit your funds with the casino.
#2 Using Paysafecard to Deposit at an Online Casino
Once you’re ready to deposit, simply head to your chosen online casino, open up the deposit page, and select the Paysafecard option – you’ll then be prompted to input your 16-digit code, and once you’ve done so, and pressed submit, you should see your casino account credited right away. It really is that simple – there’s nothing too it!
#3 Withdrawing Using Paysafecard
Like we said, while you can deposit using Paysafecard, you can’t withdraw using it – and this presents a unique problem for some players. Now, if you’re already active on a casino website, and simply want to change your method of depositing, you can use Paysafecard to deposit, and continue to withdraw using your regular method. If, however, you’re new to online gambling, or want to sign up at a new online casino and use Paysafecard to deposit, you’ll have to choose another payment method to withdraw to.
This means you’ll need to either provide your Debit / Credit card details, or give your bank details so a direct transfer can be made. Some online casinos may pay you via a cheque, but this is a general inconvenience, for both casino and player. If you’re extremely serious conscious, and don’t want to provide any of your banking details, you may be better of looking at another depositing method – Bitcoin is one that provides complete anonymity, and you can read our guide to using it here.
Advantages of Using Paysafecard
- Easy to Use: Paysafecard is incredibly simple to buy, and use, and all it requires is you to head to your local retailer, buy your voucher, and input the code online – that’s it!
- Secure: Paysafecard is one of the safer ways to deposit money to your preferred online casino; there’s no need to link your bank account or Debit/Credit cards, and you can pay cash when you buy the voucher, essentially removing any “financial trail”.
- Flexible Deposits: You can choose exactly how much you want to deposit when you purchase the voucher – there’s no restraints, unlike with other payment methods.
- Control: Tend to lose control slightly when experiencing a losing session? With Paysafecard, unless you live right next door to the shop, you can’t continue to spend. Not only does this protect you from angry/frustrated sessions, but it also allows you to plan in advance how much you want to gamble.
- Almost Always Accepted: The vast majority of online casinos accept Paysafecard, which ensures you can play at the casino of your choice, and not be forced into using a shady, illegitimate casino, simply to use the deposit method of your choice.
Disadvantages of Using Paysafecard
- No Withdraw Function: By far the biggest downside of using Paysafecard, is that you can’t withdraw using the method. You’ll need to use another payment method in order to withdraw funds from your online casino account.
- Physical Purchase: While also being listed in the “Pros” section, Paysafecard can also be seen as a disadvantage to some players, as it requires you to go out and purchase it in “real life”. This is obviously an issue for those that don’t live near a retailer that offers Paysafecard.
- Lost Voucher: If you misplace your voucher between purchasing it, and getting home, you generally have no chance of getting your funds back, so always ensure you place your voucher somewhere safe.
While Paysafecard has its downsides, overall it’s a fantastic way to deposit to online casinos, and offers a nice in-between classic Debit / Credit card payments, and other EWallets. If you’re playing in the UK you’ll have no problems finding a retailer that sells Paysafecard vouchers, and thanks to its simplicity, it’s really simple to use. So long as you can find a way to withdraw from your chosen online casino, Paysafecard is a great choice if you’re looking for increased anonymity and security, and should be considered by ALL players playing online. Again, check out our table below for the best online casinos accepting Paysafecard.